- 2 cups peeled and diced Idaho potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces smoked spicy sausage, such as chorizo, removed from casings and chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red bell peppers
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted black olives
- 1 1/2 cups seeded and chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- One 1 1/2-pound live lobster, split lengthwise in half
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (green and white parts)
- Bring the potatoes and enough water to cover to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat. Cook until the potatoes are just tender, about 6 minutes. Drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until just beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in the onions, red bell peppers, and bay leaves and cook until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic, shallots, and parsley and cook, stirring until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the olives,potatoes, tomatoes, salt, and crushed red pepper flakes, stir well to combine, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the split lobster, shell side down. Add 1 cup water and the wine, cover, and simmer until the lobster shells are deep red and the meat is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- With tongs, transfer each lobster half to a shallow soup bowl. Season the broth if necessary, remove the bay leaves, and spoon the broth over the lobster. Garnish with the chopped green onions and serve immediately.
Chicken, Bacon, And White Bean Soup Portuguese Style
Linguica Crusted Redfish With Portuguese Olive Tomato Sauce
Lobster Portuguese Style
Meat Pies With Spicy Portuguese Sauce
Portuguese Chorizo Pizza
Portuguese Five Egg Easter Bread
Portuguese Kale And Clam Soup
Spicy Portuguese Sauce
Lobster Ravioli In A Fennel And Chervil Infused Nage