- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped yellow onions
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 pounds Roma tomatoes, peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup cured black olives (such as kalamata), pitted and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10 ounces linguiÁa sausage, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup fine dried bread crumbs
- Eight 6-ounce redfish fillets
- 1 tablespoon Emerilís Original Essence
- 1/2 pound feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook, stirring, until the onions are golden, about 7 minutes. Add the tomatoes and olives and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens, about 25 minutes. Add the salt and pepper. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 400?F.
- Cook the linguiÁa in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring often, for 3 minutes. Add the bread crumbs and mix to bind the sausage.
- Season the fish fillets with the Essence. Heat the remaining olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet or two smaller ones over high heat. Add the fish and sear until slightly golden, 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Carefully drain off any excess oil. Put an equal portion of the linguiÁa mixture on each fillet. Bake for 5 minutes.
- To serve, arrange the fillets on eight serving plates. Spoon the olive-tomato sauce over each and sprinkle with the feta cheese.
Linguica Crusted Redfish With A Portuguese Olive-tomato Sauce, Fried Calamari And Feta Cheese
Cornmeal Crusted Redfish
Redfish Baked In Foil With Cashew Garlic Butter
Prosciutto Wrapped Halibut With Tomato Caper Butter Sauce
Meat Pies With Spicy Portuguese Sauce
Chairman Of The Board Linguine With Clam Sauce And Viva Las Vegas Tomato Sauce
Roasted Vegetable And Goat Cheese Terrine With Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
Spicy Portuguese Sauce
Andouille Crusted Redfish with a Roasted Pecan Vegetable Relish, Meuniere Sauce and a Pile of Shoestring Potatoes
Cornmeal Crusted Redfish With A Spicy Red Bean Sauce, Grilled Green Onions Coulis, Homemade Andouille Sausage And Southern Style Hush Puppies