- 1/2 cup fresh or defrosted frozen peas
- 3/4 pound bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 teaspoon Creole Seasoning
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces dried fettuccine or tagliatelle
- Bring a small saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the peas and blanch for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until browned and crispy, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of the fat from the pan. Add the onions and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Whisk in the cream, then stir in 1/2 cup of the grated cheese, the Essence, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and the pepper. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring often, until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, bring 1 gallon water and the remaining 2 teaspoons salt to a boil in a large pot over high heat. Add the pasta. Cook, stirring frequently to keep the pasta from sticking together, until al dente, about 7 to 10 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Return the pasta to the pot. Add the cream mixture, the reserved cooking liquid, peas, and bacon and toss over medium heat for 1 minute, or until the sauce is warmed through and coats the pasta.
- Divide the pasta among four dinner plates, and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Serve hot.
Fettuccine with Peas and Bacon
Baked Ziti With Italian Sausage And Fennel
Venison Medallions With Bacon And White Bean Ragout And Creole Mustard Sauce
Truffled Corn And Wild Mushroom Fettuccine
Portuguese-Style White Bean Soup with Chicken and Bacon
Chairman Of The Board Linguine With Clam Sauce And Viva Las Vegas Tomato Sauce
Fettuccine Pasta With Prosciutto, Peas, And A Cream Sauce
Lobster Ravioli In A Fennel And Chervil Infused Nage
Pasta "rags" With Vodka Sauce
Chanterelles, Crabmeat, And Fettuccine With Lemon Butter Sauce