- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
- 1 cup masa harina (available at Latin markets and many supermarkets)
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pint shucked oysters, drained
- 9 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (green and white parts)
- 1 tablespoon minced red jalapeÒo or serrano chile
- 4 corn tortillas
- 2 cups Emerilís Pico de Gallo
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 350?F.
- Pour enough oil to come halfway up the sides of a large heavy pot or electric deep-fryer and heat over high heat to 360?F.
- Combine the masa harina, Essence, and cumin in a shallow bowl. Dredge the oysters in the mixture, a few at a time, to coat evenly. Shake off any excess coating. In batches, without crowding, deep-fry the oysters, turning occasionally, until golden, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Lightly beat the eggs and salt in a large bowl. Melt the butter in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the green onions and chile pepper. Cook, stirring often, until softened, about 1 minute. Reduce the heat to medium. Add the eggs and, stirring constantly, scramble to the desired consistency.
- To serve, put one warm tortilla on each serving plate. Put an equal portion of the scrambled eggs and the oysters on each tortilla, then top each with 1/4 cup of the pico de gallo and 2 tablespoons of the sour cream. Serve immediately, passing the remaining pico de gallo at the table.
Crab Cakes With Poached Eggs And Wild Mushroom Sauce
Emeril's Pico De Gallo
Goat Cheese Quesadilla With Guacamole And Pico De Gallo
Kicked Up Fried Calamari with Creole Olive Salad
Portuguese Influenced Scrambled Eggs With Salt Cod, Onions And Potatoes
Southwest Cheese Pie With Pico De Gallo
Fried Quail Eggs
Oyster And Spinach Stuffed Turkey Breast With Garlic Wine Sauce
Emeril's Scrambled Egg And Sausage Burritos