- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, each 6 to 8 ounces
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup minced yellow onions
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 pound boiled ham, finely sliced
- 1/2 pound assorted wild mushrooms, such as shiitake, chanterelle, porcini, and oyster, wiped clean, stemmed, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh small green peas (or frozen and defrosted)
- 1/2 pound Brabant Potatoes
- BÈarnaise Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Essence
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy skillet over high heat. Season the chicken breasts with Essence, then add the chicken breasts and cook for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a platter and keep warm.
- Wipe the skillet with paper towels and return to the stove. Heat the butter in the skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the ham and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and continue cooking for 5 minutes. Add the peas and cook for 2 minutes. Add the Brabant Potatoes, salt, pepper and the chicken breasts, and cook for 1 minute.
- To serve, put about 3/4 cup of the ham-vegetable mixture on each dinner plate, and top with a chicken breast. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the BÈarnaise Sauce over the chicken.