- 1 pound ground sirloin beef
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices Havarti cheese (about 2 ounces each)
- 4 onion or kaiser rolls, split in half
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Your favorite burger condiments, such as mayonnaise, mustard, sliced red onions, and ketchup
Preheat a gas or charcoal grill or heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Combine the beef, horseradish, garlic, salt, and pepper in a medium mixing bowl. Mix gently but thoroughly. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions, form into balls, and flatten slightly to form 3/4-inch-thick patties.
Grill the burgers or cook in the skillet for 2 minutes. Flip the patties over and place 1 slice of cheese on each patty. Cook for 2 minutes more for medium-rare burgers, or longer if you wish. Transfer to a platter.
Spread both cut sides of each roll with the butter. Toast them on the grill or in the skillet for about 30 seconds. Put the burgers on the buns and serve immediately, with the condiments.
Grilled Marinated Flank Steaks
Dad's Meat Loaf
Cold Asparagus Soup With Lump Crabmeat
Home-ground Burgers With Bacon, Cheese, And Fresh Thyme
The Veggie-Portobello Burger
E2's Grilled Fish Sandwich with Roasted Corn Aioli
Grilled Pennsylvania Chicken Breast Sandwich
Barbecued Beef Brisket