- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium-large red bell peppers, roasted and cut up coarsely
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups Basic Chicken Stock
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Combine the oil, roasted peppers, onions, garlic, basil, salt, cayenne, and black pepper in a medium saucepan over high heat and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the stock and cream and bring to a full boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and puree in a food processor or blender for about 2 minutes. Serve immediately or store, refrigerated, in and airtight container for up to 24 hours. Reheat in a saucepan over low heat.
- Roasting peppers: Place the peppers in a 375ºF oven and roast, turning several times until the skin is charred, for about 15 minutes. Or impale each pepper on a long-handled fork and hold it over a stove burner on high heat, turning to char the pepper evenly. When the skin is dark and crackly, remove the pepper from the oven or stove top and drop it into a bowl of ice water. Peel off the skins with your fingers. Use immediately, or refrigerate in a little olive oil in an airtight container for 2 or 3 days.
Roasted Shrimp With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce And Warm Frisee Corn Salad
Spinach And Roasted Red Pepper Strata
Weber Grilled Tenderloin With Red Chili Rice And Smoked Red Pepper Aioli
Grilled Black Drum With Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
Marinated Roasted Peppers With Goat Cheese
Roasted Eggplant And Pepper Salad With Pita Bread And Sesame Spread
Homemade Cheese Dipping Sauce
Adrienne's Cracked Crab With Curried Dipping Sauce
Roast Veal Brisket With Marsala Mushroom Sauce