- 3 tablespoons Roux
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced onions
- 1 cup uncooked corn, scraped from about 2 ears
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- 1 cup Crab Stock or Fish Stock
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon liquid crab boil
- 1/2 pound (about 1 cup) lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Prepare the Roux, set aside 3 tablespoons, and refrigerate the rest for future use.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the onions and corn and sauté for 1 minute. Stir in the garlic and celery and sauté for 30 seconds. Add the stock, salt, pepper, and bay leaves and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the milk, cream, and crab boil. Bring back to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk in the Roux 1 tablespoon at a time until thoroughly incorporated into the soup. Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook, whisking until the mixture thickens.
- Stir in the crabmeat, green onions, and Worcestershire and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes.
- To serve, ladle 1 generous of the bisque into each of 6 soup plates.
- Note: Liquid crab boil can be purchased at many specialty food stores.
Louisiana Corn And Crab Bisque
Adrienne's Cracked Crab With Curried Dipping Sauce
Roasted Shrimp With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce And Warm Frisee Corn Salad
Shrimp, Crab And Okra Gumbo
Crab And Wild Mushroom Cheesecake With Green Onions Coulis
Lump Crab, Mirliton And Macque Choux
Corn Cakes With Caviar And Traditional Garnishes
Corn And Crab Bisque
Jalapeno Corn Muffins