- One and one-fourth cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- One-half teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 8 tablespoons half-and-half
- 4 tablespoons cane syrup
- Three and one-half cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Three-fourths cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- One-half teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 8 to 10 cups vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- For the crust, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and butter in a mixing bowl. Using a fork or your fingers, knead the flour and butter mixture until it resembles corn meal.
- Add the half-and-half, cane syrup and continue to mix until soft dough is formed. Place on a floured board and roll into flat crust. Set aside.
- To make the filling, combine the berries, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, orange zest and orange juice in a bowl and mix. Place the filling in a buttered 8x10-inch casserole dish and spread the dough over the top. Press the dough down around the edges to seal the filling. Pierce holes in the top of the dough with a fork to release any steam from the cobbler during the baking process.
- Bake until the dough is evenly browned, about 30 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Ice Cream In A Can Method
Ice Cream In Bag Method
Double Blueberry Cookie Pie
Homemade Cones For Ice Cream Or Sorbet
Rhubarb Cobbler With Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Lemon Shortbread With Macerated Blueberries And Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Mixed Berry Cobbler
Blackberry (or Blueberry) Cobbler
Cajun Country Rice Pudding With Brandy-vanilla Sauce