- 2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs, such as Oreos or chocolate wafers
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 pounds cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup bleached all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 8 ounces milk chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier
- 2 pints assorted fresh berries, such as raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries, rinsed and hulled if needed
- 2 cups Sweetened Whipped Cream
- Sprigs of fresh mint
Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
Combine the cookie crumbs and melted butter in a medium-size mixing bowl. Thoroughly mix together, then press into the bottom of a 10-inch springform pan and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside. Reduce the oven to 300° F.
Beat the cream cheese in teh bowl of a standing electric mixer with the paddle attached until smooth. Add the sugar and mix to combine. Add the eggs 1 at a time, mixing between each addition. Add the heavy cream, flour, salt, and vanilla and mix until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. With the motor running, add the chocolate in a steady stream. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake until the center of the cake sets, about 1 hour.
Remove from the oven and loosen the sides of the cake with a thin knife. Cool completely. If you like it slightly chilled, refrigerate for about 1 hour.
In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine the Grand Marnier and berries, cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
To serve, slice the cheesecake, spoon the berries on the slices, and top with the whipped cream and mint sprigs.
Amy's From the Oven Chocolate Chip Cookies
New York Style Chocolate Cheesecake
Milk Chocolate Cheesecake
Chocolate Chip Pie With Bourbon Cream
Coconut Pots de Creme
Lemon Chess Pie
Crab and Corn Cheesecake with a Green Onion Coulis
Double Chocolate Meringue Kisses
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Raspberry Chocolate Cheesecake