- 1 quart milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup Coco Lopez coconut cream
- 1 cup sugar
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 8 large egg yolks
- 6 ounces frozen grated unsweetened coconut, defrosted
- In a large nonreactive saucepan, combine the milk, heavy cream, coconut cream, sugar, and pepper together over medium heat and whisk until the sugar is dissolved. Heat the mixture to the scalding point (when bubbles form around the edge of the pan).
- Beat the egg yolks in a large mixing bowl. Add the cream mixture, about 1/4 cup at a time, to the beaten eggs, whisking well between each addition, until all is used. Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over medium heat until the mixture becomes thick enough to lightly coat the back of a spoon, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a glass bowl. Fold in the coconut. Cover the top of the mixture with plastic wrap (this will keep a skin from forming) and let cool completely.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator and chill completely. Pour the mixture into an ice cream machine and follow the manufacture’s directions for the churning time.
Emerilís Profiteroles With Fresh Coconut Ice Cream
Coconut Cream Cake
Creole Cream Cheese And Praline Ice Cream
Hello Dolly Ice Cream Sandwich
Chocolate Ice Cream
Ice Cream Bombe
Fresh Coconut Ice Cream
Floís Mango Shortcake With A Fresh Coconut Ice Cream
Fresh Coconut Ice Cream With Mexican Chocolate Sauce
Cashew-Crusted Coconut Cream Pie with Lime Meringue