- 16 new or small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Roasted Garlic Puree
- Freshly ground white pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- 1 medium-size red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 cup Crystal Hot Sauce or the hot sauce of your choice
- 1 cup bleached all-purpose flour
- Essence to taste
- 4 rib-eye steaks (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 4 large hoagie buns (each about 6 inches long), toasted
- Put the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium, and cook until fork tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and drain. Put the potatoes back in the pot over low heat to dry them, then mash with a potato masher. Add the heavy cream, butter, and garlic puree and mix well, but remember the potatoes should be slightly lumpy. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a large, heavy, deep pot or an electric fryer, heat 4 inches of the vegetable oil to 360?F.
- In a small mixing bowl, toss the onion with the hot sauce. Put the flour in a shallow bowl and season with Essence. Dredge the onion rings in the flour, shaking them to remove excess flour. Fry them in batches in the hot oil, turning them once, until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels, then season with Essence. Set aside and keep warm.
- Rub the rib-eyes with the olive oil and season with Essence. Heat a large sautÈ pan over medium-high heat. Add the steaks and cook for 6 to 8 minutes on each side for medium-rare. 130? to 140?F; 10 minutes for medium, 145? to 150?F; 12 minutes for well done, 155? to 165?F. Remove the steaks from the sautÈ pan and add the Worcestershire, stirring to loosen any browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
- To serve, spread equal amounts of the garlic potatoes on one half of each hoagie bun. Tuck the steaks and drizzle with the pan drippings. Top with fried onion rings.
Fried Oyster Po'boy With Jalapeño Mayonnaise And Avocado
Dirty Black Eyed Peas
Fried Shrimp Po-Boy
Nola Rib-eye Sandwich
Mini Grilled Truffle Cheese Sandwiches
Portobello Sandwich With Mashed Root Vegetable Mushroom Stew
Steenís Roasted Duck Club Sandwich
Kicked Up Pigs In A Blanket
Pork Burgers In Gravy With French Fried Sweet Potatoes