- 6 cups water
- 2 1/2 pounds fresh haricots verts, or small green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, chopped and crisp fried
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, shelled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
Put the water in a large saucepan, add the salt, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the beans and cook for 2 minutes. Remove them from the water and shock in an ice bath to stop the cooking. Drain and pat dry.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the horseradish, sour cream, mayonnaise, onion, and garlic, then season with the Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Toss the haricots verts with the horseradish mixture. Season again with salt and pepper. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for 8 hours.
To serve, mound the beans on a serving platter. Sprinkle with the bacon, eggs, and parsley.
Potato Salad with Horseradish Mustard
Salad of New Potatoes and Roasted Walnuts with Warm Bacon Vinaigrette
Haricots Verts And Horseradish Salad
E2's Potato Salad
Spinach and Feta Tarts
Apple, Watercress and Salumi Salad
Caramelized Onions and Potatoes au Gratin
Beef Tenderloin With Fresh Horseradish and Black Pepper Crust
Delmonico Olive Salad