- 6 cups water
- 2 1/2 pounds fresh haricots verts, or small green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, chopped and crisp fried
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, shelled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
Put the water in a large saucepan, add the salt, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the beans and cook for 2 minutes. Remove them from the water and shock in an ice bath to stop the cooking. Drain and pat dry.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the horseradish, sour cream, mayonnaise, onion, and garlic, then season with the Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Toss the haricots verts with the horseradish mixture. Season again with salt and pepper. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for 8 hours.
To serve, mound the beans on a serving platter. Sprinkle with the bacon, eggs, and parsley.
Beef Tenderloin With Fresh Horseradish and Black Pepper Crust
Fresh Tuna and Butter-Lettuce Wraps with Crispy Wonton Threads, Shaved Jalapeno and Basil Oil
Haricots Verts And Horseradish Salad
Corncakes With Confit Of Duck And Hot Pepper Jelly
Corn Cakes With Caviar And Traditional Garnishes
Arugula, Radicchio, Endive, Roasted Walnut and Maytag Blue Cheese Salad
Caramelized Salmon Deviled Eggs