- 2 cups olive oil
- 4 cups cubed Italian or French bread
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound salami in 1 piece, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
Heat the oil to hot but not smoking in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Fry the bread in batches and cook until golden, 3 to 4 minutes, stirring often to keep the cubes from sticking. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Toss the remaining ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add the bread cubes and toss again. Arrange the salad on a serving platter and pass to serve.
The salad can be made ahead of time and chilled. If this is done, add the bread just before serving.
Mini Grilled Truffle Cheese Sandwiches
Grilled Sardines, Portuguese-style
Creole Tomato Salad
Grilled Peach and Quinoa Salad
Grilled Sicilian Stuffed Squid
Fettuccine in a Porcini Mushroom Cream Sauce
Lemon Chess Pie
Grilled Duck Breast With Vietnamese Noodle Salad
Cantaloupe, Prosciutto, And Arugula Salad
Emeril’s Delmonico Peach Salad