- 4 large Idaho potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup milk
- Freshly ground white pepper to taste
- Put the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook, covered, until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain, then return the potatoes to the pot. Add the butter and stir and mash until it melts completely. Add the milk and stir to mix. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.
- Variation: Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes can be made by adding 2 tablespoons roasted garlic.
Potato Crusted Lobster Tails On A Bed Of Crawfish Mashed Potatoes
Southern Fried Chicken With Mashed Potatoes
Parsnip Creamed Potatoes
Portobello Sandwich With Mashed Root Vegetable Mushroom Stew
Smothered Oxtails Over Spinach And Sweet Corn Mash
Grilled Filet of Beef with Blue Cheese Glacage, Bacon and Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes and a Drizzle of Emeril's Homemade Worcestershire Sauce
Creamy Mashed Potatoes
Crispy Fish With Salsify, Celery Root And Fennel Slaw And Parsnip Creamed Potatoes
Roasted Scrod With Parsley Potatoes
Emeril's Potato Truffle Charlotte