- 4 cups Fish Stock, or
- canned chicken broth
- 3 cups seeded and chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Pernod
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 10 saffron threads
- 1 cup thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 10 ounces cod fillet, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 slices of French bread, about 1-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- In a large saucepan over high heat, combine the stock, tomatoes, tomato paste, Pernod, garlic, and saffron. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Add the fennel and the cod and gently simmer until the fish flakes easily with a fork and the fennel is tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 400?F. In a medium-size mixing bowl, toss the bread with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Put them on a baking sheet and toast until crusty, about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and rub each slice with the garlic halves.
- To serve, place a slice of bread in the bottom of four soup bowls. Ladle the stew over the croutons and serve hot.
Fried Eggplant With Shrimp Stew Fay
Portobello Sandwich With Mashed Root Vegetable Mushroom Stew
Stewed Eggplant With Paneed Steak
Crispy Fish With Salsify, Celery Root And Fennel Slaw And Parsnip Creamed Potatoes
Fish íní Chips
Escolar Stew With Saffron Broth And Wild Mushrooms
Phil Harris's Oyster Stew
Kale And Chickpea Stew