- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 pound peeled crawfish tails
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions or scallions (green part only)
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup fine dried bread crumbs
- 4 whole trout (6 to 8 ounces each), dressed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Lemon Butter Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400?F.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a medium-size skillet. Add the onion, bell pepper, 2 teaspoons of the salt, and the cayenne, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring a few times. Add the crawfish tails and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the green onions, garlic, and 2 tablespoons of the parsley and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Pour the mixture into a medium-size mixing bowl and let cool for about 2 minutes. Add the egg and bread crumbs and mix well. Set aside.
- Season the flesh of the fish with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and the black pepper. Stuff each fish with 1/2 cup of the dressing mixture. Rub the skin of each fish with 1/4 teaspoon of the olive oil.
- Bake the fish on a baking sheet until it flakes easily with a fork, about 15 minutes. To serve, place the fish on plates and spoon the lemon sauce over it and garnish with the remaining 2 teaspoons parsley.
Poached Trout With Lemon Butter Sauce And Parsley Potatoes
Crawfish And Sausage Jambalaya
Pecan Crusted Rabbit With Wilted Greens And Creole Dressing
Goat Cheese Stuffed Soft Shell Crabs With A Pecan Pesto Butter Sauce
Braised Cabbage With Corn Beef Hash
Petits Filets With Blue Cheese Gla«age
Hildaís Mahimahi With Seasonal Vegetables
Mr. Johnís Veal Chops With Smoked Gouda Cheese Macaroni
Pan Seared Escolar With Crabmeat And Chanterelles
Roasted Leg Of Lamb With A Bouquet Of Spring Vegetables