- 8 cups water
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 tablespoon liquid Zatarain's Concentrated Shrimp & Crab Boil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh sweet corn kernels (from 2 medium-size ears)
- 1 1/2 pounds medium-size shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- In a large pot, combine the water, the juice from the lemon halves, the shells, the boil, bay leaves, and 1 tablespoon of the salt. Bring to a boil, add the corn, and cook for 5 minutes. With a skimmer, remove the corn from the boiling liquid, put it in a shallow bowl, and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, bring the water back to a boil and add the shrimp. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and drain. Remove the bay leaves, put the shrimp in a shallow bowl, and let cool completely.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, mustard, lemon juice, hot sauce, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, the black pepper, and garlic. Whisk to blend well.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the corn, shrimp, basil, onion, tomatoes, and bell pepper. Add the dressing and toss to mix. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.