- 1 pound light brown sugar (about 3 firmly packed cups)
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups pecan pieces
- Combine the brown sugar, milk, salt, butter, peanut butter, and cocoa in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir to dissolve as the mixture heats. Continue to cook, stirring, until the mixture begins to bubble around the edges of the pan and reaches 234° to 240°F on a candy thermometer, or the soft ball stage (that is, when a bit of the mixture is dropped into cold water, it forms a soft ball that flattens), about 12 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the pecans. Drop the mixture by the tablespoonful onto waxed or parchment paper on a baking sheet and let cool completely. Lift the pralines off the paper with a thin knife.
- Pralines can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Peanut Butter And Chocolate Praline Ice Cream Sandwiches
Chocolate Bundt Cakes With Peanut Butter Filling And Chocolate Glaze
Three Chocolate Bark With Spiced Pecans And Dried Cherries
Vanilla Praline Ice Cream
Poached Trout With Lemon Butter Sauce And Parsley Potatoes
Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake
Chocolate Chess Pie
Chocolate Coeur A La Cr»me
Sweet Potato Chocolate Bars
Goat Cheese Stuffed Soft Shell Crabs With A Pecan Pesto Butter Sauce