- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup Champagne
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped hard-boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup sevruga or osetra caviar
- 1/2 cup salmon roe
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the salt, white pepper, Champagne, and 2 cups of the milk and bring just to a boil. Mix 1/2 cup of the hot milk mixture into the beaten egg yolks and whisk to blend. Mix this into the hot milk mixture remaining in the pan.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the remaining 1/2 cup milk, add to the pan, and cook, whisking until the mixture thickens slightly, 6 to 8 minutes. Pour into a glass bowl, place a sheet of plastic wrap over the surface to prevent a skin from forming, and let cool. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- To assemble, remove the Champagne cream from the refrigerator and whisk until smooth. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the chopped eggs into the bottom of a parfait or wine glass. Then layer 1 teaspoon of the chopped red onion, 1/2 teaspoon of the chopped parsley, 2 teaspoons of the caviar, 2 tablespoons of the Champagne cream, and 1 tablespoon of the salmon roe on top. Continue layering, using another 1 tablespoon chopped eggs, another 1 teaspoon red onion, 1/2 teaspoon parsley, and 2 tablespoons Champagne cream mixture, then another 1 tablespoon chopped eggs, 1 teaspoon chopped red onion, 1/2 teaspoon parsley. Top with 1 teaspoon of the caviar. Repeat the process to make 7 more parfaits. Cover and chill completely before serving.
Oysters On The Half Shell With Mignonette Sauce And Caviar
Creole Tomato Salsa
Exotic Mushroom Tarts
Pecan Crusted Rabbit With Wilted Greens And Creole Dressing
Grilled Creole Mustard Marinated Quail With Smothered Field Peas And Andouille
Crabmeat With Celery Root Mayonnaise
Seared Duck With Caramelized Onion Bread Pudding
Angel Hair Pasta With Black Truffles