- FOR THE TENDERLOIN:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Creole Seasoning
- One 2-pound beef tenderloin, trimmed of fat
- FOR THE HORSERADISH SPREAD:
- 3 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
- TO ASSEMBLE:
- 2 cups baby arugula, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 loaf French bread (about 15 inches long), cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices and lightly toasted
- 1/2 pound Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shaved with a vegetable peeler
- Preheat the oven to 350?F.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the olive oil and Creole seasoning. Spread this evenly over the tenderloin. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, then sear the tenderloin for 5 minutes on each side in the skillet. Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast for 25 minutes for medium-rare. Remove from the oven and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Cut the tenderloin into thin slices.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, horseradish, salt, and black pepper and whisk to mix. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, toss the arugula with the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spread about 1/2 teaspoon of the horseradish mixture on each slice of toast. Top with a slice of beef and a few cheese shavings, then finish with a little of the arugula. Top each sandwich with a slice of toast. Pass on a platter to serve.
Braised Cabbage With Corn Beef Hash
Beef Tenderloin Sandwiches with Horseradish Spread
Beef Tenderloin With Fresh Horseradish and Black Pepper Crust
Beef And Mushroom Risotto
Garlic Meatball Poorboys
Andouille Corn Dogs
Roasted Pork And French Fry Poorboy
Apple Custard Pie With Sweetened Whipped Cream
Petits Filets With Blue Cheese Gla«age