- 1 cup shelled pistachios, finely ground in a food processor
- 1 cup fine dried bread crumbs
- 4 teaspoons Creole Seasoning
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 racks lamb (8 chops each
- about 3 pounds total)
- 1/4 cup Creole or whole-grain mustard
- Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 375?F.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine the pistachios, bread crumbs, 2 teaspoons of the Creole seasoning, and 1/4 cup of the olive oil. Stir to blend and set aside.
- Rub the meat side of the racks with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, then season with the remaining 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, then place the lamb fat side down in the pan and sear for 8 minutes. Using tongs, turn the lamb so that the bones are sticking upward and sear the ìeyeî of the chops for 2 minutes. Transfer the lamb to a shallow platter and let cool for about 5 minutes. When the lamb is cool enough to handle, brush the meat evenly with the mustard. Spread the bread crumb mixture evenly over the meat, pressing it gently but firmly so it adheres.
- Put the racks in a large shallow roasting pan and roast for 22 minutes until medium, then remove from the oven and let rest for about 10 minutes. Cut into individual chops and serve 2 chops per person, with equal portions of the mashed potatoes.
Roasted Leg Of Lamb With A Bouquet Of Spring Vegetables
Salt And Herb Crusted Red Snapper
Pecan Crusted Rabbit With Wilted Greens And Creole Dressing
Petits Filets With Blue Cheese Glacage
Braised Cabbage With Corn Beef Hash
Hildaís Mahimahi With Seasonal Vegetables
Mr. Johnís Veal Chops With Smoked Gouda Cheese Macaroni