- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 5 cups strawberries, rinsed, hulled, and halved
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Mix the crumbs and butter together in the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan. Press the mixture against the bottom and sides of the pan to form a crust. Bake until golden and crisp, 7 to 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely on a rack.
- Combine the berries, 1 cup of the sugar, and vanilla in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Combine the cornstarch with the brandy in a cup and add to the berry mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool. Pour into the pie crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or until the filling sets.
- When ready to serve, whip the cream with the remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, using an electric mixer, until soft peaks form. Spread evenly over the top of the pie to serve.