- 8 sweetbread medallions, peeled, poached and pressed overnight, recipe follows
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 pairs veal sweetbreads
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- In a small mixing bowl combine flour with half of the salt and pepper and season sweetbreads with remaining salt and pepper. Lightly dredge sweetbreads in flour and set aside.
- In a large sautÈ pan over medium high heat olive oil and sautÈ sweetbreads for 2 minutes, or until golden brown. Turn and continue to cook, adding butter after 1 minute. Cook for 1 minute longer and place sweetbreads on an absorbent cloth or paper towels to drain. Add lemon juice, capers and parsley and cook for 30 seconds. Place sweetbreads on plate or serving platter, ladle sauce over sweetbreads and serve immediately.
- SWEETBREADS: Rinse sweetbreads well under cold, running water. To a pot of boiling water, add the salt and the vinegar. Add the sweetbreads and reduce heat to a simmer and gently poach for 10 minutes. Remove from the poaching liquid and shock in ice water. Remove from the ice water and remove the outer membrane. Tightly wrap the sweetbreads in plastic wrap and place in a terrine mold. Place a piece of cardboard over the sweetbreads. Place a weight on top and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
Pan Seared Filet Mignon With A Sweetbread Wild Mushroom Ragout
Sweetbreads With Wild Mushrooms
Sweetbreads With A Toasted Tomato, Garlic And Lentil Ragu
Sweetbread Stuffed Veal Chop With Seared Fois Gras And Candied Apples, Squash And Pecans
Crispy Sweetbreads With White Bean Ragout
Double Cut Pork Chops with Tamarind Glaze, Green Mole Sauce and Caramelized Sweet Potatoes
Funky Smothered Sweetbreads
New Wave Chicken