- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Armagnac
- 8 to 12 large ripe figs, washed, stems removed and halved
- 11 ounces goat cheese
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Ricotta cheese
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 8 paper-thin slices of prosciutto
- SAVORY PIE CRUST:
- 1 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 stick of cold butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ice water
- In a small saucepan heat honey and Armagnac and whisk to combine well. Pour into a glass casserole or shallow bowl and place figs cut side down on top of mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Into a large mixing bowl place the goat cheese, butter and Ricotta cheese, and beat ingredients with a mixer on high speed until smooth. Add egg yolks one at a time, then the flour, rosemary, thyme, salt and white pepper, mixing well to incorporate.
- Pour the cheese mixture into the prepared pie crust and bake in preheated oven until top is golden and filling is set, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes before serving with the macerated figs and shaved prosciutto.
- SAVORY PIE CRUST: In a food processor, combine the flour, butter and salt and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Drizzle in the water and pulse until the mixture comes together. Turn out of the food processor and form into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Roll out to 1/8 inch thick and place in a 9-inch pie shell. Blind bake in a preheated 350ºF oven for 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
Garlic and Rosemary Goat Cheese Tart with Spring Greens and Black Olive Vinaigrette
Adrienne's Prosciutto, Goat Cheese, And Fig Pizza
Marinated Cherry Peppers Stuffed With Homemade Goat Cheese Served With A Prosciutto And Arugula Salad
Goat Cheese And Spinach Tart
Confit Of Wild And Exotic Mushrooms With Pasta Rags, White Truffle Oil, Shaved Truffles, And Parmigiano-reggiano Cheese
Charlie Trotters Whole Roasted Figs With Goat's Cheese Ice Cream, Spicy Fig Sauce And Oatmeal Tuiles
Bacon Tarts With Shaved Vidalia Onions
Grilled Fig And Goat Cheese Pizzas
Crawfish And Goat's Cheese Stuffed Leg Of Lamb With Rosemary Jus
Goat Cheese And Vegetable Ravioli In A Citrus-tomato Broth With Fresh Herbs And Melted Leeks