- Beat together the buttermilk and egg in a small bowl. Add 2 teaspoons of the rub and stir to blend. Add the okra and turn to coat evenly. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, and 1 teaspoon of the rub.
- Dredge the okra in the flour mixture and heat the shortening in a skillet. When it is hot, place the okra, split side down, in the oil and fry, turning once, for about 2 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle the okra with the remaining 1 teaspoon of rub.
- Divide the greens into 4 equal portions. Top each with okra and drizzle with dressing.
- Serve immediately.
Smothered Okra And Tomatoes
Shrimp And Okra Gumbo
Fried Crawfish Salad
Quick Pickled Okra
Spiced Shrimp Salad In Artichokes
Beef And Horseradish Salad
Bread And Butter Pickles
Eggplant And Shrimp Beignets
Crawfish And Roasted Sweet Potato Salad With Fried Okra And Buttermilk Dressing
Creole Fried Shrimp Salad with Vidalia Onions, Classic Remoulade Dressing and Pickled Okra