- 2 Boiled Artichokes
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons Rustic Rub
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup dried fine bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 400?F.
- Trim off the stems and leaf tips of the artichokes. Quarter the artichokes cutting lengthwise. Remove the chokes. Set aside.
- Fry the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until slightly crisp. Add the onions, bell peppers, celery, and rub. SautÈ the mixture, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes, or until the vegetables are slightlywilted. Add the garlic and parsley and cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Add the sherry and swish it around in the pan. Add the lemon juice, salt, cayenne, bread crumbs, and parmesan. Mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions. Place the artichoke quarters on a baking sheet. Mound a portion of bread crumb mixture on each artichoke quarter. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the bread crumb mixture is light brown.
- Serve warm, allowing 2 artichoke quarters per person.
Jerusalem Artichokes And Potatoes Au Gratin
Quail Stuffed With Corn Bread And Andouille Dressing
Eggplant And Rice Dressing
Smothered Green Beans And Potatoes
Smothered Okra And Tomatoes
Corn Bread And Andouille Dressing
Spiced Shrimp Salad In Artichokes
Pepper Stuffed Turkey
Sausage Stuffed Bell Peppers