- 3/4 pound boneless pork loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon Rustic Rub
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 pound turnips, peeled and cubed (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- Toss the pork with the rub in a bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and brown evenly. Season the onions, bell peppers, and celery with the salt and cayenne. When the pork is brown, remove from the skillet with a slotted spoon. Set aside.
- Add the flour to the oil in the skillet. Stirring constantly for 4 to 5 minutes, make a medium brown roux, the color of peanut butter.
- Add the onions, bell peppers, and celery and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until slightly wilted. Return the pork to the skillet and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the turnips and broth. Stir to mix well. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook stirring occasionally, for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Serve immediately.