- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound Andouille Sausage, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups 1-inch cubed white bread
- 8 ounces white cheddar, grated (2 cups)
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and sautÈ the andouille for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the onions and celery. Cook, stirring often, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until slightly wilted. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Combine the eggs, cream, milk, salt, cayenne, and black pepper and mix well. Add the bread, the andouille mixture, and half of the cheese. Fold to mix thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375?F.
- Transfer the mixture to a 2 1/2- to 3-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm directly from the baking dish.
Corn Bread And Andouille Dressing
Chicken Andouille Hash
Andouille Cheese Grits
Sweet Corn Pudding
Sweet Potato Pudding
Andouille And Chicken Jambalaya
Braised Pork Ribs And Andouille
Quail Stuffed With Corn Bread And Andouille Dressing
Eggplant And Rice Dressing
Jerusalem Artichokes And Potatoes Au Gratin