- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 stick (1/4 pound) butter, melted and warm
- About 1/4 cup (2 ounces) finely chopped tasso or spiced ham
- In a stainless steel bowl set over simmering water over medium heat, whisk the egg yolks with the lemon juice, salt, Tabasco, and water until pale yellow and slightly thick. Be careful not to let the bowl touch the water.
- Remove the bowl from the pot and whisking vigorously, add the butter, 1 teaspoon at a time, until all is incorporated. Add the tasso and continue whisking for 30 seconds. Serve immediately.
Fried Soft Shell Crabs with Tasso Hollandaise
Lemon, Butter, And Tomato Sauce
Tasso Hollandaise Sauce
Baked Oysters With Braised Leeks And Tasso Hollandaise
Baked Oysters with Braised Leeks and Tasso Hollandaise
Braised Brisket Of Beef With Horseradish Sauce