- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 frog legs (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 3 cups chopped, peeled, and seeded tomatoes, or 3 cups chopped canned tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the frog legs and brown lightly on both sides, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the frog legs to a platter and set aside.
- Add the flour to the oil. Stirring constantly for 4 to 5 minutes, make a medium brown roux, the color of peanut butter.
- Add the onions, bell peppers, celery, salt, and cayenne. SautÈ for 3 to 4 minutes, or until wilted. Add the bay leaf and thyme. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and Tabasco. When the mixture begins to bubble, reduce the heat to medium. Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 25 to 30 minutes. Lay the frog legs in the sauce and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, basting with the sauce. Sprinkle with the lemon juice and add the parsley.
- Remove the bay leaves, and serve.
- Chicken or Rabbit Sauce Piquante
- Substitute 1 pound boneless chicken or rabbit. Cut the meat into 2-inch cubes. Brown the meat and proceed with the recipe, cooking the meat for 15 to 20 minutes.
Frog Legs Sauce Piquante
Roasted Leg Of Lamb
Braised Brisket Of Beef With Horseradish Sauce
Steak In Creole Mustard Sauce
Lemon, Butter, And Tomato Sauce
Chicken And Dumplings
Eggplant And Shrimp Bake
Fillet Steaks And Ratatouille
Panfried Catfish With Lemon And Garlic
Pork Chops And Sweet Potato Gravy