- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) butter
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped, seeded, and peeled tomatoes, or 1/2 cup chopped canned tomatoes
- 1 pound crawfish tails
- 2 tablepoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 recipe Basic Savory Pie Crust
- Preheat the oven to 400?F.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions, bell peppers, celery, salt, cayenne, and black pepper. SautÈ for about 8 minutes, or until golden and wilted. Add the tomatoes and cook for about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the crawfish tails and parsley. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4 minutes. Dissolve the flour in the water and add to the pan. Stir for about 2 minutes, or until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat. Let cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Place the crust in the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan and crimp the edges. Pour the crawfish mixture into the pie crust. Place the pie on a baking sheet and bake for about 45 minutes, or until the edges of the pie crust are golden. Cool for several minutes.
- Cut into wedges to serve.