- 2 1/2 pounds white and dark chicken meat, coarsely ground
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup dried fine bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Combine the chicken, onions, garlic, celery, bell peppers, and parsley together in a mixing bowl. If you have a meat grinder, you can grind this mixture through a 1/2-inch die for a smoother texture, but it’s not necessary for flavor.
- Add the egg, salt, black pepper, cayenne, Worcestershire, Tabasco, and bread crumbs. Using your hands, mix thoroughly. Mold the mixture into a 5 X 10-inch loaf and place on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Bake for 1 hour, or until the juices run clear.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing to serve.