- 2 untreated cedar shingles, about 5 1/2 X 10 inches each
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 trout fillets (8 to 10 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon Rustic Rub
- 1/2 cup peeled and grated fresh horseradish root or drained bottled white horseradish
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- Prepare a grill and light the fire. Rub the side of each shingle with 1/2 teaspoon oil.
- Season the fish on both sides with the rub. Place a fillet on each oiled shingle. Combine the horseradish, orange zest, lemon zest, salt, cayenne, and sugar in a small bowl. Divide the mixture into 2 equal portions and place on top of the fish.
- Place the shingles in the center of a hot barbecue grill. Close the lid and cook for about 10 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove the shingles from the grill using a long-handled spatula. If the shingles catch fire, sprinkle with a little water.
- Put the shingles in the center of large platters to serve.
Nola Style Cedar Plank Trout
Cedar Planked Salmon With Washington State Merlot Reduction And Garlic Spinach
Cedar Plank Fish With Citrus Horseradish Crust
Lingui«a Crusted Roasted Salmon Cedar Plank
Cedar-planked Teriyaki Salmon
Citrus And Horseradish Cedar Plank Scallops
Chicken And Dumplings
Eggplant And Shrimp Bake
Fillet Steaks And Ratatouille