- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 3 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Colby cheese
- 3/4 cup (mild or hot) pickled jalapeno slices, drained
- Heat the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat until melted. Add the flour and whisk to blend. Season with salt and Essence.
- Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, then slowly add the milk and whisk to blend. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Allow mixture to simmer, stirring constantly using a wooden spoon, until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of the spoon, about 20 minutes.
- Add the cheese and the chopped jalapeno slices, and whisk until completely melted. Remove from the heat and serve warm with Emeril's Ultimate Hot Dog Bar.
- Sauce can be refrigerated for up to 2 days, then reheated on low heat, with a little liquid added if necessary.
Cheese And Jalapeno
Jalapeno And Cheese Biscuits
Florida Cioppino With Grilled Lobster And Jalapeno Cheese Grits
Grilled Fish Sandwich With A Creole Corn And Jalapeno Tartar Sauce With A Grilled Vegetable Relish
Catfish Sauce Piquante Served Over Giant Jalapeno Corn Muffins
Pecan Boniato Crusted Fish With Jalapeno Cream Sauce
Braised And Barbecued Pork Shanks With Spicy New Mexican Barbecue Sauce And Cheddar-jalapeno Cornbread
Green Jalapeno Sauce
Blue Cheese Butter Spread, And Blue Cheese Butter Stuffed Chicken Breasts With Butter Infused Pan Sauce