- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 6 large cucumbers (about 2 pounds), peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 pound yellow teardrop tomatoes, sliced lengthwise in half
- 1/4 pound red teardrop tomatoes, sliced lengthwise in half
- 1/4 cup small-diced red onions
- 1/2 cup small-diced peeled and seeded cucumbers
- 1/2 cup fresh chervil leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- One 1-pound container plain yogurt
- In a large, heavy pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, 1 teaspoon of the salt, and the white pepper. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley leaves. Let cool completely.
- Process the soup, in batches, in a food processor or blender until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, red onions, diced cucumbers, chervil, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, the black pepper, and extra-virgin olive oil. Stir to mix. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- When ready to serve, add the yogurt to the soup and stir to mix. Ladle the soup into soup bowls and garnish with the tomato relish.