- 1 pound smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces cream cheese (1 1/2 cups), at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons brandy
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 recipe Christmas Caviar Sauce
- FOR GARNISH:
- Finely chopped red onions
- Minced fresh parsley leaves
- Rye Bread Croutons
- Line a 4-cup glass bowl with plastic wrap, with the wrap overhanging the sides of the bowl about 2 inches. Cover the bottom of the bowl with 1 to 2 slices of the salmon. Line the sides of the bowl with 5 to 6 slices of the salmon, allowing the slices to overlap the bowl by about 1/4 inch. Reserve 1 to 2 slices of the salmon for the top of the terrine. Set aside.
- Puree the cream cheese in a food processor until smooth. Add the remaining salmon and process until the mixture is smooth, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the garlic, onion, parsley, butter, brandy, lemon juice, and cream and process until the mixture is smooth again, another minute.
- Spoon the mixture into the salmon-lined bowl. Place the reserved salmon slices on top of the mixture. Fold the overlapping slices of salmon toward the center. Fold the plastic wrap over the top of the terrine and cover tightly. Refrigerate for 12 hours or up to 3 days.
- Remove the terrine form the refrigerator and carefully open the plastic wrap. Invert it onto a serving platter and remove the plastic wrap. Cut the terrine into small wedges.
- To serve, spread a tablespoon of the caviar sauce on the bottom of a serving plate. Top with a wedge of terrine and serve with the garnishes.
Gravlax With Christmas Caviar Sauce
Lobster Cheesecake With Christmas Caviar Sauce
Corn Cakes With Caviar And Traditional Garnishes
Smoked Salmon And Salmon Mousse Terrine With Choupict Caviar
Crawfish Stuffed Pork Chops With Crawfish Borderlaise Sauce
Christmas Caviar Sauce
Smoked Salmon Souffles With Dilly Egg Sauce And Caviar
Chicken And Andouille Strudel With Sweet Barbecue Sauce
Shrimp Spring Rolls With Rice Wine And Soy Dipping Sauce
Quail And Smoked Sausage Christmas Gumbo