- 2 heads garlic
- 2 medium-size red bell peppers
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Creole or whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup Hot Pepper Oil
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 5 teaspoons Creole Seasoning
- 1 pound rock shrimp, peeled
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup masa harina flour
- 4 cups vegetable oil for deep frying
- 10 cups mixed baby salad greens, such as romaine, frisee, red oak leaf, and radicchio, washed and patted dry
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400?F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper.
- Cut about 1/4 inch off the tops of the garlic heads. Combine the garlic, bell peppers, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, the white pepper, and olive oil in a medium-size mixing bowl and toss to coat. Place the mixture on the baking sheet and roast until the garlic is tender and peppers soft, about 40 minutes.
- Separate the garlic and the peppers. Put the peppers in a small mixing bowl, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and let cool for 20 minutes.
- Cool the garlic for about 10 minutes. Extract the flesh by squeezing each clove with your thumb and index finger.
- Peel the skin off the peppers and remove their seeds.
- Put the egg, mustard, lemon juice, peppers, and garlic in a food processor or blender and puree for 30 seconds. With the machine running, slowly pour the hot pepper oil and vegetable oil in through the feed tube. The mixture will be slightly thick and creamy. Add another 1/4 teaspoon salt and pulse once or twice to blend. Set aside.
- Combine the cream, Tabasco. 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and 1 teaspoon of the Creole seasoning in a medium-size mixing bowl. Add the shrimp and toss to mix. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let sit for 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Drain.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the cornmeal, masa harina, and 2 teaspoons of the Creole seasoning. Dredge the shrimp in the cornmeal mixture, coating them evenly and tapping off any excess.
- Heat the frying oil in a deep pot or an electric deep-fryer to 360?F. Fry the shrimp 4 to 5 at a time, until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels. When theyíre all fried, season them with the remaining 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning.
- Toss the mixed greens with 1/2 cup of the garlic dressing, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, the cheese, and black pepper. Mound the greens in the center of a platter. Sprinkle the shrimp over the greens. Serve immediately.
Crawfish Stuffed Pork Chops With Crawfish Borderlaise Sauce
Shrimp Spring Rolls With Rice Wine And Soy Dipping Sauce
Mixed Nut Brittle
Salad Of New Potatoes And Roasted Walnuts With Warm Bacon Vinaigrette
Collard And Mustard Greens In Ham Hock Gravy
Roasted Fennel And Green Bean Relish
Jiffy Pop Firecracker Shrimp
Fried Green Tomatoes With Rock Shrimp Salad
Andouille Crusted Oysters With Spinach Coulis
Caramelized Roasted Skillet Duck With Steenís Duck Marinade