- 1 pound medium-size shrimp, tails on, rinsed, patted dry, and peeled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons Hot Pepper Oil
- 1/4 cup popcorn kernels
- 1 teaspoon Creole Seasoning
- Season the shrimp with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1 tablespoon of the pepper oil.
- Layer the shrimp in a concentric circle in the bottom of a cold 10- to 12-inch sautÈ pan, leaving about a 1-inch space between the shrimp and the rim of the pan. Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons pepper oil in this space around the inside of the pan. Sprinkle the popcorn kernels into the oil.
- Cut a piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil about 14 inches long. Place the foil over the pan and press it down firmly over the shrimp, oil, and popcorn.
- Crimp the foil securely around the edges of the skillet.
- Put the pan over medium-high heat. Cook until it begins to sizzle, about 2 minutes. Continue to cook for about 2 1/2 minutes more. The corn should begin popping. Start shaking the pan at 30-second intervals. The popcorn will continue to pop for about another 2 minutes. Turn off the heat. Let sit for about 30 seconds and allow the corn to completely finish popping.
- Very carefully remove the foil because of the steam, pour the mixture into a large bowl, and toss it with the remaining teaspoon salt and the Creole seasoning. Serve immediately.
Jiffy Pop Firecracker Shrimp
Crawfish Stuffed Pork Chops With Crawfish Borderlaise Sauce
Mixed Green Salad With Popcorn Rock Shrimp
Shrimp Spring Rolls With Rice Wine And Soy Dipping Sauce
Sugarcane Baked Ham With Spiced Apples And Pears
Beef Tenderloin With Fresh Horseradish and Black Pepper Crust
Crab Bisque With Crab Boulettes
Smothered Veal Chops With Tasso Mushroom Gravy
Collard and Mustard Greens in Ham Hock Gravy
Quail And Smoked Sausage Gumbo