- 1/2 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- One 1-pound link andouille or kielbasa sausage, split in half lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup seeded and finely chopped green bell peppers
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (scallions), green parts only
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350?F.
- Grease a 2-quart rectangular glass dish (8 X 11 1/2 X 2 inches) with the butter.
- Heat the oil in a medium-size sautÈ pan over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the onions, celery, bell peppers, salt, and cayenne and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley and green onions. Cool the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Whisk the egg yolks and cream together in a large mixing bowl. Add the cornmeal and whisk until the batter is smooth. Fold the sausage mixture into the batter.
- In another large mixing bowl, whip the egg whites with an electric mixer until very stiff and peaks form, then fold into the sausage batter. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle the top with the cheese. Bake until it sets, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes. Spoon onto serving plate and serve warm.
Andouille Cheese Bread
Caramelized Sweet Potatoes
Exotic Mushroom Bread Pudding
Andouille Crusted Oysters With Spinach Coulis
Chicken And Andouille Strudel With Sweet Barbecue Sauce
Caramel Drizzle Sauce
Caramelized Roasted Skillet Duck With Steenís Duck Marinade
Collard and Mustard Greens in Ham Hock Gravy
Chocolate Bread Pudding With Spiced Cream
Rye Bread Croutons