- 1 1/2 pounds small, thin green beans, ends trimmed
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
- 1 cup minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken stock or canned, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sherry wine vinegar
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the beans and cook until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain in a colander and transfer to an ice bath. Drain well.
- Fry the bacon in a large skillet and cook, stirring, over medium-high heat until crisp and golden, 5 minutes. Add the shallots and garlic, and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Add the stock, salt, pepper, and vinegar, and cook, stirring, until thickened, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the green beans and cook until warmed through, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and serve.
Smothered Green Beans
Smothered Green Beans And Potatoes
Southern Style Green Beans With Bacon And New Potatoes
Bacon Braised Green Beans
Smothered Greens With Ham Hock Gravy
Andouille Smothered Beans
Smothered White Beans
Andouille Smothered White Beans
Warm Artichokes And Bacon Over Dandelion Greens
Southern Braised Greens With Bacon