- 1 tablespoon oil for cooking
- 6 large sea scallops
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped chervil
- 1/2 cup yellow tomato puree (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup red tomato puree (recipe follows)
- 2 sprigs chervil
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a medium saute pan. Slice each scallop into 3 pieces, and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Quickly sear the scallops on both sides. Be careful not to overcook. Remove and place on a plate to cool. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, chives, and chervil, and season with salt and pepper. Set aside. Build your funky parfaits in two parfait glasses.. Spoon 2 tablespoons yellow puree into each glass, followed by three slices of scallop, 2 tablespoons red puree, three slices scallops, 2 tablespoons yellow puree, three scallops, 2 tablespoons red puree. Top each with 1 tablespoon herb cream and garnish with the chervil sprig.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.