- Vegetable oil for frying the noodles
- 1 cup dark stock or beef broth
- 1 tablespoon very thinly sliced ginger root
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3/4 pound (12 ounces) flank steak, cut into thin long strips
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 cups chopped baby bok choy
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (shiitakes)
- 1/2 cup julienned red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup julienned carrots
- 2 tablespoon thinly sliced green onions
- 2 cups cooked angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
Add vegetable oil to the fill line of an electric fryer and preheat to 350° F.
In a medium saucepan, bring the stock, ginger, and garlic to a boil. Reduce for 3 minutes.
Mix the cornstarch with the soy sauce in a small bowl.
While whisking the stock, add the cornstarch mixture. It will begin to thicken. Allow it to boil for 1 minute, and remove from the heat.
Toss the beef with ginger powder and salt.
Heat the peanut oil in the wok over high heat until it is smoking. Add the beef, stirring, and searing it quickly on all sides. Pull the beef up the sides of the wok then and add the bok choy, mushrooms, bell pepper and carrots. Cook for 3 minutes. Add the green onions and toss all together.
Drop the pasta by the handful into the fryer to create crazy noodles, fry for 45 seconds, remove and place in a bowl. Drizzle with the sesame oil then place them on a large serving platter.
Add the reserved sauce to the stir-fry and combine to completely coat. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Pour this over the fried noodles and serve immediately.
Ginger Cake With Ginger Cream
Stir-fried Vegetables With Salmon
Fettuccine with Peas and Bacon
Emeril's Shrimp and Pasta with Garlic, Lemon, Crushed Red Pepper, and Green Onions
Beef Stroganoff Hamburger Dinner In A Skillet
Tournedos Of Beef With Morel Mushroom Sauce