- 1 fryer, about 3-3 1/2 pounds cut into 8 pieces
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 pounds okra, washed, stems removed and slice into 1/4-inch rounds
- 3 cups julienned onions
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 5 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Pinch cayenne
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Season the flour and chicken pieces. Toss the chicken with the flour. In a large oven proof pan, heat the olive oil. Sear the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Add the remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper and cover the pot with a lid.
Bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until the slime has disappeared. Bake uncovered for the last 15 minutes.
Place the chicken on a platter. Spoon the okra and tomatoes over the chicken. Garnish with the cheese and green onions.
Seafood Okra Gumbo
Italian Chicken With New Orleans Spaghetti Bordelaise
Shrimp Stuffed Flounder With Sauce Piquante
Andouille Cheese Grits With Crawfish Sauce
Sauteed Grouper With Crawfish Cream Sauce
Seafood And Sausage With Essence Cream Sauce
Rhena's Stuffed Peppers
Oyster Stew With Andouille Mashed Potatoes