- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons minced red peppers
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup homemade mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Creole mustard
- 1 teaspoon Crystal hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound jumbo lump crab meat, picked over for cartilage and shells
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 8 soft-shell crabs
- 1 cup seasoned flour
- 1 egg slightly beaten with 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Oil for frying
- 1 cup Green Onion Tartar sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons brunoise red peppers
In a sauté pan, heat the olive oil. When the oil is hot, sauté the shallots, onions, peppers, and garlic until slightly wilted, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and turn into a mixing bowl. Stir in the mayonnaise, Creole mustard, Crystal hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, crab meat and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
Stuff each crab with 3 ounces of filling. Dredge the soft-shells in the seasoned flour. Dip into the egg wash, removing any excess. Dredge in the seasoned bread crumbs, crusting each side completely.
In a saute pan, pour in enough oil to fill 1/4 of the pan. When the oil is hot, add the soft-shells in batches. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until the soft-shells are golden brown and heated through the center. Remove from the pan and drain on a paper-line plate. Continue frying until all the soft-shells are fried.
Season with Essence. Spoon the tartar sauce in the center of the plate.
Place a soft-shell in the center of the sauce. Spoon any leftover crabmeat on top and then stack the second soft-shell on top. Garnish with the chives and peppers.
Soft-shell Crabs On The Grill
Fried Soft Shell Crabs with Tasso Hollandaise
Pan Fried Catfish With Andouille Smothered White Beans
Crab Cakes with Creole Corn Maque Choux and Green Tomato Chow Chow
Blackened Red Fish With Emeril’s Quick Cabbage And Lemon Butter
Soft Shell Crabs With Almonds And Brown Butter
Paneed Chicken with Creamed Garlic Potatoes and Braised Kale
Grilled Soft-shell Crabs With Jumbo Lump Crabmeat
Soft Shell Crab Po Boys