- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon white wine
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled
- 2 tablespoons caviar
- In a small bowl combine sour cream, 2 teaspoons of chives and wine; season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a deep skillet heat about 1/2-inch oil over medium heat to 360 degrees F. Using a mandoline or ridged slicer on a box grater, cut sweet potato into 1/8-to 1/4-inch thick waffled slices. Do not rinse. If moist pat off excess moisture from slices with paper towels. Fry potato slices, a few at a time, turning once or twice, until tender and golden. Remove with a slotted spoon to drain on paper towels; season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, dab some sour cream mixture on a pretty plate and top with a potato slice. Build a tower, alternating potato slices and sour cream mixture, to desired height. End with a dollop of chive cream and top with a generous spoonful of caviar. Sprinkle with remaining chives.
Gaufrette Potatoes Topped With Cilantro Cream
Potato Gaufrettes With Lobster Remoulade
Sweet Potato And Crab Soup
Potato Gaufrettes With Lobster Ravigote
Ice Cream With Fig Compote Topping
Vanilla And Bourbon Marinated Pork Loin With Sour Cream Mashed Sweet Potatoes And Pecan Gravy
Vegetable Quesadilla With Caramelized Onion Marmalade And Cilantro Sour Cream
Spicy Duck Empanadas With Cilantro Cream
Grilled Flank Steak Taquitos With Black Bean Puree, Roasted Pepper Salsa And Cilantro-tequila Cream
Beef Flautas With Black Bean Puree, Roasted Pepper Salsa And Cilantro Cream