- 3/4 cup boiled, peeled finely-diced sweet potatoes
- 1 cup finely-shredded cooked duck
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo, drained and finely chopped
- 25 fresh corn husks or dried husks soaked in hot water until softened, about 30 minutes, plus 1 husk torn into strips for tying
- Basic Tamale Dough (see previous recipe)
- In a small bowl, mix sweet potatoes, duck and chipotle pepper to make filling. Choosing largest ones, place corn husks, one at a time, on work surface and spread 1/4 to 1/3 cup tamale dough over wide end of husk; top with a tablespoon of duck filling. Fold husk around tamale filling to completely enclose, and tie off each end with a strip of corn husk. Repeat until all dough and filling has been used.
- In a large pot fitted with a steaming rack, arrange tamales and cover with remaining soaked corn husks or a damp dish towel. Pour in enough boiling water to reach just under steaming rack, cover tightly and return to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat slightly to maintain gentle bubbling and steam. Cook about 1 hour, adding more boiling water if necessary, until tamales are cooked through. Uncover pot and let tamales rest 10 minutes before serving.
Basic Tamale Dough
Ramekin Chicken And Corn Tamales With Roasted Poblano Sauce
Duck And Pumpkin Risotto With Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds And Duck Cracklings
Cumin Pork Potato Filled Tamales
Shrimp-tarragon Tamale Pie
Sweet Tamales With Raisins And Spices
Spicy Duck Empanadas With Cilantro Cream
Roasted Poblano Sauce
Spicy Salt Cod Cakes