- 2 Tbsps unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup minced yellow onions
- 1/4 cup minced green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup minced red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup minced celery
- 1 Tbsp plus 2 tsps Creole Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp plus 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 lb lump crab meat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten, in separate cups
- 2 Tbsps breadcrumbs
- Basic pie dough, divided into 12 equal balls, and chilled (enough to make 2 9-inch crusts)
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- Melt butter in medium skillet over high heat. When butter sizzles, add onions, green and red
- peppers, celery, Creole seasoning and salt; sauté, shaking skillet and stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Add garlic and crab meat and cook, stirring occasionally and shaking skillet, 2 minutes. Stir in green onions, Worcestershire and Tabasco; cook 2 minutes. Whisk in cream.
- Stir in 1 of the eggs slowly, a little at a time (if added too quickly, it will scramble). Egg forms a natural thickening or "liaison". Remove from heat and stir in breadcrumbs. Makes 3 cups.
- Preheat oven to 375&
- Remove dough from refrigerator and roll out on a lightly floured surface into 12 thin circles of dough. Trim edges of each circle to form a square, about 5 by 5 inches.
- Brush edges of each dough square with remaining egg. Place about 1/4 cup of crabmeat mixture on each square and fold diagonally to form a triangle. Crimp edges with a fork and place pies on baking sheet. Brush top of each pie with 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil. Bake until crusty brown, about 25 minutes.
- To serve, wrap pies in paper towels or paper napkins.
Crab And Corn Pies With Corn Crab Sauce
Crab-stuffed Shrimp With Red Bean Relish
Asparagus And Crab Ragout
Baked Lump Crab, Artichoke, And Spinach Dip With Crispy Flour Tortillas
Baked Louisiana Blue Crab Imperial With Caviar And Sauteed Pea Shoots
Soft Shelled Crab Hand Roll
Crab Cakes With Chipotle Tartar Sauce