- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon Creole Seasoning
- Garnish: 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell peppers, 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- Make basil oil: purée basil, shallots, garlic, salt, 3 turns of pepper and olive oil in a food processor, about 1 minute. Scrape into a small bowl and set aside. Oil can be prepared up to 1 week in advance and stored in an airtight container in refrigerator.
- Toss shrimp with Creole seasoning until well-coated. Heat a large, heavy, ungreased skillet over high heat. When very hot, add shrimp and sear each side for 3 minutes.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons basil oil onto each warmed dinner plate. Arrange 6 shrimp on top and drizzle with another tablespoon of oil. Sprinkle with red pepper and green onion before serving.
Crab-stuffed Shrimp With Red Bean Relish
Fresh Tuna and Butter-Lettuce Wraps with Crispy Wonton Threads, Shaved Jalapeno and Basil Oil
Fresh Tuna And Butter Lettuce Wraps With Crispy Wonton Threads, Shaved Jalapeno, And Basil Oil
Red Wine Braised Beef Shanks With Mushrooms And Basil Mashed Potatoes
Seared Scallops With Pureed White Beans And Homemade Truffle Oil
Seared Beef Carpaccio With Shaved Fresh Artichokes And A Drizzle Of Truffle Oil
Crispy Confit Of Duck And Yukon Gold Potatoes With Braised Spinach, Shaved Truffles, Truffle Emulsion And White Truffle Oil
Crispy Seared Snapper With Herb Jus And Parsnip Slaw
Pepper Seared Fillet Of Beef With Grilled Radicchio And Meat Jus
Pan Seared Filet Mignon With A Sweetbread Wild Mushroom Ragout