- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, combine the milk, cream, sugar, cornstarch, and salt and whisk to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook, whisking constantly, until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture starts to thicken, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs until pale and frothy, about 3 minutes. Slowly add about 1/2 cup of the hot milk mixture, whisking to combine. Add the egg mixture to the hot milk mixture and return to the heat. Cook over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, for 1 minute. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly with a heavy wooden spoon, and cook until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter and vanilla.
- Transfer to a clean container and press plastic wrap against the surface to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate until chilled, 4 hours or overnight, before serving.
Strawberry Banana Chocolate Brownies Trifles With Vanilla Pudding
Vanilla Bean Pudding
Cajun Country Rice Pudding With Brandy-vanilla Sauce
Bananas Foster Bread Pudding With Vanilla Ice Cream And Caramel Sauce
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Bread Pudding with Vanilla Bean Creme Anglaise
Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Vanilla Bean Profiteroles
Vanilla Praline Ice Cream
Mascerated Strawberries Over Chocolate Shortcakes And Vanilla Bean Ice Cream